Blackberry Storm from Globe
Globe brings to the Philippines the Blackberry Storm, touted as the world's first "clickable" Touch-Screen Smartphone.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Globe Telecom today announces the availability of the highly anticipated BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone for its Philippine-based customers. The BlackBerry Storm is packed with powerful communications and multimedia features:
- Fast network access
- First class phone
- Desktop-style browsing
- Advanced multimedia
- 3.2MP camera
- Built-in GPS
You can get this through Globe Business' flexible corporate postpaid plans. The Blackberry Storm will be powered by Globe's 3G network, according to Jesus C. Romero, Head of Globe Business.
The BlackBerry Storm will also be available for retail customers with various postpaid plans that fit their needs and lifestyle. With the launch of the BlackBerry Storm, Globe is introducing its new Personal BlackBerry Plans.
While the Blackberry Storm is offered to corporate accounts, the handset's multimedia features allows you to enjoy the unit for both work and personal use, according to Ferdinand M. Dela Cruz, Consumer Wireless Business Head at Globe.
Globe's consumer and business customers will both be able to maximize their use of the BlackBerry Storm smartphone through Globe's HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) network, which allows users to experience wireless broadband connectivity.
BlackBerry Storm Smartphone Features:
- Sleek, stylish design with chromed frame, contoured corners and stainless steel back
- Large (3.25-inch), "clickable" touch-screen with 480 x 360 resolution at 184 ppi, delivering sharp and bright colours
- A powerful media player that can play movies smoothly in full-screen mode, display pictures and slideshows quickly and manage an entire music collection (including the ability to create playlists directly on the handset)
- Support for high-speed network connectivity
- Full HTML browser that works in either portrait or landscape orientation and support for mobile video streaming on sites such as YouTube (mobile.youtube.com) and other mobile entertainment portals (but please check with Globe).
- Purpose-built applications for easy access to popular IM and social networking services such as Facebook®, Windows Live@trade; Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk™ and Flickr™
- 3.2 megapixel camera, with variable zoom, auto focus and a powerful flash that also provides continuous lighting when recording video
- Ability to synchronise with iTunes® and Windows Media Player to enjoy music on the move or through a home stereo using Bluetooth® and the BlackBerry® Music Gateway. (NOTE: Using BlackBerry® Media Sync. Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.)
- A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, support for the Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP) and dedicated volume controls
- An ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the backlighting and an accelerometer that allows the BlackBerry Storm to be used in either a portrait or landscape orientation
- Built-in GPS that supports location-based applications and services, as well as geotagging photos
- 1 GB of onboard memory storage and a microSD/SDHC memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB of additional storage per card. An 8GB microSDHC card comes preinstalled
- Preloaded DataViz® Documents to Go® allows users to edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the smartphone
- Support for a wide range of lifestyle and business applications
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks and 15 days of standby time
- Support on BlackBerry® Internet Service and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Get your BlackBerry Storm from Globe starting May 2009. For more info, please visit http://www.blackberry.com/ap/blackberrystorm
[ First posted on 04/23/2009 by Manuel Viloria ]