Christmas Gift Suggestions for Young School Age-Children (3-6 Years Old)
This is the age range when you should probably stop giving clothes (if you can help it.) Not unless you do not mind seeing your gift set aside and not being given much attention.
What might you consider giving kids this age?
1. Art supplies: Kids this age love to work with their hands and express themselves through their artwork. Give them crayons, markers, glitter glue, paint sets, scissors for little hands, etc. Throw in some drawing books or coloring books and they are happy.
2. Clay: This is another great toy that will allow them to express themselves creatively. It will likewise improve their fine motor skills.
3. Toys or books or VCDs featuring their favorite characters: This is the age when kids already have favorite cartoon characters. Giving them items featuring these characters will ensure that your gift will be a hit! Popular with girls are characters like Dora the Explorer, Strawberry Shortcake, among others. Clifford the Big Red Dog, Blues Clues, and Spongebob Square Pants may appeal to both boys and girls.
4. Role-playing toys: Kids this age like to play pretend. You can buy them a doctor's kit or a construction worker's kit so they can pretend to be grown-ups pursuing a particular occupation.
5. Puzzles and other educational toys: You can give them toys that will help them learn and develop their skills for school. Flash cards which teach the alphabet. Magnetic numbers. Puzzles that they can figure out.
6. Books: You can give them pop-up books, books that light up in the dark -- anything to hold their interest. They also like anything with stickers, scratch and sniff smells, as well as books with longer stories.
Happy shopping![By Angelica Viloria | Tuesday, December 5, 2006]
Copyright © 2001-2015 by Angelica Bautista Viloria. All Rights Reserved.
Previous entry: "Pre-Owned Designer Bags: PreLoved Luxury"
Next entry: "Christmas Gift Wrapping"
"We Host at H4P because
H4P is affordable, reliable,
-- Angelica Viloria
About Angelica Viloria