UP Writers' Workshop - New Guidelines
The UP Institute of Creative Writing (UP ICW) is now accepting applications for the 45th UP National Writers' Workshop.
This will be held in Baguio for one week during the summer of 2006.
UP ICW Director, Prof. Vim Nadera, announced that 12 fellowships are available only for advanced writers. He also announced the new workshop guidelines.
To qualify, new applicants:
1. Must be writers in English or Filipino;
2. Must have attended at least one creative writing workshop (national/regional, including the UP National Writers' Workshops), or earned a degreee in Creative Writing / Malikhaing Pagsulat, or won at least 1 national/international literary award;
3. Must have published at least 3 poems or 2 short stories or 2 pieces of creative non-fiction (e.g., essays, memoirs, profiles) in reputable collections or anthologies, journals, magazines (including campus publications), or refereed Internet web magazines.
Some of these qualifications may be waived in exceptionally meritorious cases.
1. Four copies plus digital file (12 points, double-spced, 8 x 6) of one original unpublished manuscript (short story, poem, or creative non-fiction) to be discussed during the Workshop -- this manuscript should not have been submitted to any other workshop;
2. A 2-paragraph description of a work-in-progress in any of the above genres, in English or Filipino (also 12 points, double-spaced, 8 x 6);
3. Photocopies of the applicant's published work, including publication details;
4. An application form (available at the UP ICW office in UP Diliman and on the UP ICW web site)
Deadline is on December 15, 2005. If you have more questions, please call +63.2 922 1830.
What are you waiting for? Join the 45th UP National Writers' Workshop today!
"Yes, I Want To Grow My Financial Life & Get The 11 TrulyRichClub Blessings!"
To Grab This Offer, Click Option Below:
Visit SupremeWealthAlliance.net ~ Kumita sa Internet, Kahit Super-BUSY Ka
Get In Touch With Manuel Today
"Invest in yourself, before
others will invest in you."
-- Manuel Viloria
About Manuel Viloria