El Fili Characters
(Not yet complete...)
- Real name is Telesforo Juan de Dios (Chap 10: Wealth and Misery).
Captain of the Ship TABO
- Chap 1 depicts him as a soft-spoken yet sarcastic fellow (see how he handles the questions of Doņa Victorina).
- A politician who argues with Simoun in Chap 1 regarding the dredging of the Pasig river.
Don Tiburcio de Espadaņa
- Hen-pecked husband of Doņa Victorina. Lame. Went into hiding somewhere in Laguna after he (surprisingly) hit her with his crutch.
- A contemptible Filipina who tries so hard to come across as European. As a result, her true race cannot be classified by Quatrefages (the French ethnologist) and Virchow (German ethnologist). Married to Don Tiburcio de Espadaņa.
- "Ruddy, well-shaved face."
- A thin Franciscan with a ghoulish voice. He's in love/lust with Maria Clara.
- A Dominican. Vice-Rector of the University.
- Beautiful, young, and rich orphan. Niece of Doņa Victorina.
- The jeweller. He is Ibarra (Noli Me Tangere). Chap 1 describes him as having long, white hair, a black beard. He even wears blue-tinted sunglasses. Cool! ;-)
- Speaks with a mixed accent: English and Latin American
Please note that online novel and chapter summaries, study guides and notes, Cliff notes, biography or study packs, criticisms and critical analysis, or even essays on character and plot analysis are just supplementary materials. Please read the entire novel to gain a full flavor of Rizal's writings, and to also help develop yourself as a student and writer. Also, don't just read these free book summaries. The physical act of note taking will help you retain the things you've learned.
Copyright © 2001-2008 by http://www.viloria.com/elfilibusterismo