The 6 B's of Blissful Living
I look back at the past 365 days and life has been good. How do you define a blissful life?
Here are my 6 B's to blissful living:
1. Blogging - Writing is a good way to express yourself and to connect with others. The past year has allowed me to write more stuff than I have ever written in the past I think. From just one website or blog years ago, I am now looking after almost 10 sites and I still have a lot of itty-bitty things to write about, with topics scribbled down in several paper notebooks.
2. Books - When I used to work in the corporate world, I didn't have time to read anymore. All I read were things I needed for work or my kid's homework and textbooks. Okay, the daily newspapers at least. In the past year, I have never been without a book to read and I actually get to finish them. I guess this year has reinforced the need to make time for reading -- even if it is just 15 minutes a day.
3. Bonding with Family - I spend more time with the kids now and am less irritable with everything. There's more time for play, for interaction, and the kids can sleep earlier too. There are more visits to the park, more participation in school activities. My kids are happier. The hubby is happy likewise.
4. Barkada - Where would we be without our friends? There has been more time to correspond with friends, listen to their stories, and even watch movies again with them! I can have lunch with them on a weekday or meet with them at a moment's notice.
5. Body - I continue to exercise daily by walking briskly but now I am able to get 7-8 hours of sleep nightly. I also save myself a lot of stress by not going through traffic daily.
6.Blessings beyond this life - We shouldn't focus too much on material things as we will not be on this earth forever. Money and material goods are not bad but we must always remember our priorities. With more time on my hands, I have been able to spend more time in prayer, in helping out in our parish, and in using my talents in meaningful activities. Should I find myself with less personal time in the future, I know that I shall continue to prioritize the more important things.
From time to time (and it doesn't happen very often), I miss the other B's that come from working in an office too -- bonuses, brain work, business contacts, and bonding with office friends. I am glad though that I am living the blissful life and that I had the opportunity to experience such. I don't know that this experience that I had is for everyone but I guess you should try it at least once in your life. =)[By Angelica Viloria | Tuesday, September 4, 2007]
Copyright © 2001-2015 by Angelica Bautista Viloria. All Rights Reserved.
Previous entry: "Lessons I Have Learned While At Home"
Next entry: "Send Flowers Via Island Rose"
"We Host at H4P because
H4P is affordable, reliable,
-- Angelica Viloria
About Angelica Viloria