Planning a children's party can be quite stressful. Particularly here in the Philippines.
Why? Children's parties, these days, are major productions and in our country, involve a lot of guests. In fact, it is not unusual to see more adults than kids in a so-called "children's party."
What are the things that you must take into account when putting together a children's party:
1. Budget: How much are you willing to spend? The amount of money that you have set aside for the event will determine a lot of things from the food, to the venue, to the decor, to the kind of entertainment. Although I am sure you want a memorable birthday for your child, make sure that you do not go overboard spending-wise. Do not borrow just to be able to finance a birthday party. Make sure you mount a party which is well within your means. Happy need not mean expensive.
2. The age of the birthday celebrator: Young kids and toddlers will not appreciate very much lavish preparations for their birthday. They might even be asleep or cranky! It is better to save your "all-out preparations" for a time when your child is older and can thoroughly enjoy all your party activities. Between spending for a 1st or a 7th birthday, I'd go with the 7th.
3. Venue: It is always good to have a party in a place which is near your house to reduce the stress of having to go through traffic. Other important considerations are the availability of parking space, whether the place is easy to get to, etc., etc.
4. Food: Shall you have typical children's party food like spaghetti, fried chicken, or barbecue? Will you serve the same thing to the kids or the adults? Do you want to have a buffet set-up?
5. Theme, Entertainment, Decor, and Give-Aways: The theme should consider your child's interests and must also take into account whether you will have "themed" materials for your other party needs (e.g. loot bags). As for entertainment, there are a lot of alternatives in the market but you have to be on the look-out for "unique" shows and must also be careful not to scare the smaller kids. Some mascots, or clowns, for example, have been known to stress out babies and toddlers. Your decoration and your party give-aways must also conform to the theme if you choose to have one.
If you would like some assistance with your children's birthday party, you may want to get in touch with Balloons N' More. They offer balloons, invitations, and party souvenirs. You can inquire about other possible services from Chi Chi Buita at 0917 531 0698 or 897 2779 in Metro Manila, Philippines. If you do get to talk to them or do avail of their services after reading about them here at viloria.com, we would appreciate it if you will let them know that that was so.
Happy partying![By Angelica Viloria | Wednesday, October 25, 2006]
Copyright © 2001-2015 by Angelica Bautista Viloria. All Rights Reserved.
Previous entry: "Children and Reading"
Next entry: "Uswag Arts and Crafts"
"We Host at H4P because
H4P is affordable, reliable,
-- Angelica Viloria
About Angelica Viloria