Websining Digital Art Contest
To encourage artistic innovations in the intersection of art and technology, WebSining introduces a new category to the Digital Art Contest, Software Art. Also, WebSining encourages the use of free software and non-proprietary file formats for creating and running the entries.
All entries must articulate the theme of WebSining 2007: "CONTESTING TRADITIONS."
1. Still Digital Image
1. Contest is open to all Filipino citizens, 16 years old and above. Members of the CVA, NCCA Secretariat and competition judges are disqualified from joining the contest.
2. Contestants may join in the three categories but allowed only one entry per category.
3. Beginning October 15, 2006, contest entries with Entry Forms must be submitted via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org with cc: to email@example.com).
4. Deadline of submission of entries is 12 December 2006.
5. Only original artworks shall be accepted. Awards given to works that are subsequently proven to be non-original will be revoked/reclaimed without prejudice to other legal actions.
6. One winner per category will be voted by a panel of two judges with a final third vote from the results of a public vote through the NCCA WebSining website (http://www.ncca.gov.ph). Public voting will be from December 15-30, 2006. Only one vote per person will be counted.
7. Special citation awards may also be given by the panel of judges based on technical innovation or transcending the contest theme.
8. Winners in the Digital Image and Software Art categories will receive PhP50,000.00 each, and the winner in the Digital Animation category will receive PhP75,000.00.
9. The decision of the panel of judges shall be final and not subject to appeal. All entries will be exhibited on the WebSining website and will be included in the CD Catalogue.
10. Announcement of winners, exhibition and awarding of prizes shall be in February 2007.
11. All Cash Prizes will be subject to 20% tax. All entries may be used by the NCCA for purposes it may deem appropriate.
Here are additional contest details, which also provide links to Websining Entry Forms and other documents.
WebSining is a flagship project of the Committee on Visual Arts-National Commission for Culture and the Arts in celebration of the Philippine Arts Festival 2007.
WebSining's KURO Satellites are organized in cooperation with The Kalimudan Arts and Culutre Center, DabaweGNU, Inc., tutoK-Karapatan, MAAP-Multimedia Art Asia Pacific (http://www.maap.org.au), The Foundation for Media Alternatives and Korakora.ORG
Panuorin Mo Ito...
Visit SupremeWealthAlliance.net ~ Kumita sa Internet, Kahit Super-BUSY Ka
Get In Touch With Manuel Today
About Manuel Viloria