Philippine Blog Awards
I attended the Philippine Blog Awards last month and got to see other Filipino bloggers.
Arrived late, and the first person I saw was Lorna Gay Lopez who was with Mimi Orara (was it a UPCBA mini-reunion of sorts?), podcaster and photographer Juned Sonido, Karla Redor, Victor Villanueva, Erwin Oliva, Miguel Paraz (who looks 10 years younger in person), the beauteous Annalyn Jusay, and co-finalist Elymar Apao.
I also got to see the lovely emcees Aileen Apolo and Sasha Manuel (not my relative, hehehe), and had a nanosecond chat with the still-had-not-eaten and über busy organizers Gail Dela Cruz-Villanueva, Jayvee Fernandez, and Abe Olandres.
Saw Noemi Dado and Connie Veneracion, and was able to hear and appreciate the witty prayer of Fr. Stephen Cuyos, which was delivered during what later turned out to be a controversial portion of the PBA 2007.
Congratulations to all the organizers, volunteers, and winners of the Philippine Blog Awards 2007!
1. Be thick-skinned. If you're organizing an event for bloggers who are wont to express themselves rather strongly online, then prepare yourself for the controversial posts and commentaries.
2. Smile. Go and and meet people. Strike up a conversation. Try not to appear overly bothered by the social hierarchies and boundaries that seemingly appear in such gatherings. Get a dose of self-esteem.
3. Dump your assumptions. Blogs do not represent the bloggers. And bloggers do not represent the people. Learn to expect the unexpected. Hopefully, you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
4. Arrive early. It gives you a chance to take more photos and speak with more people. Once the program starts, there's very little you'll be able to do.
5. Get enough rest. So you can fully enjoy the party that follows the awarding ceremony.
Yes, the Philippine blogging community is growing. Older and younger. More serious and increasingly laid back. Richer and poorer. Hotly vocal and chillingly curt.
Blogging is slowly becoming universal.
And somehow, I find that scary. But that's a good thing. I think. :-)
"Yes, I Want To Grow My Financial Life & Get The 11 TrulyRichClub Blessings!"
To Grab This Offer, Click Option Below:
Visit SupremeWealthAlliance.net ~ Kumita sa Internet, Kahit Super-BUSY Ka
Get In Touch With Manuel Today
"Invest in yourself, before
others will invest in you."
-- Manuel Viloria
About Manuel Viloria